Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Great Eight

I am part of a group of very special ladies known as "The Great Eight."  We came together through the Dallas Phi Mu Alumni chapter.  I have known one of the eight, Gela, since the ninth grade!  Gela and I not only went to high school together in Louisiana, but we went to college together, both moved to Shreveport, La. after graduation, and then somehow both ended up in Dallas.  To say the my children, especially my son, love Gela is an understatement.  And these other ladies, what can I say except they are more like family than just friends.  I truly think of them as my sisters.  We are all sad right now because our sweet Kelly S. is moving to Oregon.  She is going to show those west coasters what being a southern girl is all about.  This is a picture of all us getting together to say goodbye:(


This is a picture of all of our children last summer.  When we all became friends I was one of the few of us that was married, let alone that had a baby.  My, how things have changed!

No comments: